Membership in ATISA
Anyone who endorses the purposes of the organization may become a member of the Association upon application to the Secretary-Treasurer and payment of biennial dues.
To join ATISA or renew your membership, please print out a copy of the form, fill it out, and send it to:
c/o Daryl R. Hague, Ph.D.
Dept. of Spanish and Portuguese
Brigham Young University
Provo, Utah 84602
PHONE: (801) 422-2005
FAX: (801) 422-0628
For convenience, and for foreign payments, it is possible to pay through PayPal for a small additional processing fee (included).
At the 2007 business meeting, the board voted to change to a two-year membership that coincides with the dates of the biennial ATISA conference. Conference attendees will pay membership dues with their conference registration. All memberships run through March 31. Membership renewals will be prorated.
- Regular membership: $75.00 before March 31 of a conference year.
- Student membership: $35.00 before March 31 of a conference year.
- All members receive the ATISA journal, Translation and Interpreting Studies (TIS). Note that membership in ATISA is less expensive than a personal subscription through the publisher.
- Membership is required for registration at the Conferences of the Association.
- Members can join the ATISA Yahoo Group, which exists as a venue for announcements of translation-related conferences and publications, and for discussion of translation studies issues. To subscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ATISA/ and click on the "Join This Group" button.
- Special offer from John Benjamins Publishing Company: A 12-month personal use subscription to the Translation Studies Bibliography and Handbook of Translation Studies at the special price of EUR 50. Go to https://www.benjamins.com/online/atisa-offer.html for more information.
- All payments must be made in U.S. dollars.
- U.S. residents: Please pay by check drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Canadian or other foreign residents: Please pay by check drawn on a U.S. bank if possible. U.S. dollar checks or money orders drawn on Canadian or other foreign banks, please add $5.00.
- Credit card: